Over the years we have become experts in shipping antique lamps back and forth to customers. Please follow these instructions when shipping your lamp base so a re-paint can be done.
Always contact us before shipping your lamp base so we will know when to expect it.
- Pack lamp base in bubble wrap and place in a box surrounded by foam or popcorn. Place this box inside another sturdy box and fill the open areas once again with popcorn. Be sure the box is properly labeled. We always put a letter in the box before closing with our address and phone just in case.
- Be sure to insure your lamp base before shipping if you want more than the standard $100.. For our own lamps we usually insure the base for $500-600. The decision as to the amount for insurance cost is up to you before shipping to us. We will insure the antique GWW base for the amount requested by the customer. If a customer requires additional insurance, the additional cost of this insurance will be added to the standard VLR rate. Always contact VLR prior to shipping and provide the tracking numbers as well as estimated day of arrival.
- If you are in the antique business, you will no doubt already know how to ship these items. If not, you can always ask for packing to be done by a business known for shipping fragile items.Be sure you make it clear that this is a fragile antique item.
- We will always contact you once the lamp base arrives.
- If shipping broken pieces of a globe be sure to put a note on the box that the item inside is known to be broken. This helps prevent any issues with UPS or USPS if they hear noise inside the box.
- The buyer pays all shipping costs except for returned items.
- We ship UPS unless otherwise specified.