Over the years we have become experts in shipping antique lamps back and forth to customers. Please follow these instructions when shipping your lamp base so a re-paint can be done.
Always contact us before shipping your lamp base so we will know when to expect it.
- Pack lamp base in bubble wrap and place in a box surrounded by foam popcorn. Place this box inside another sturdy box and fill the open areas once again with popcorn. Be sure the box is properly labeled. We always put a letter in the box before closing with our address and phone just in case.
- Be sure to insure your lamp base before shipping. For our own lamps we usually insure the base for $500-600. The decision as to the amount for insurance cost is up to you for shipping to us. We insure customer antique GWW bases for $600.00 on return shipping. If a customer requires additional insurance, the additional cost of this insurance will be added to the standard VLR rate. If more than the standard $600.00 insurance is required contact VLR prior to shipping lamp base.
- If you are an antique dealer, you will no doubt already know how to ship these items. If not, you can always ask for packing to be done by a business known for shipping fragile items.Be sure you make it clear that this is a fragile antique item.
- We will always contact you once the lamp base arrives.
- Sinks will be shipped to you once complete in their original packing.
- The buyer pays all shipping costs except for returned items.
- We ship UPS unless otherwise specified.